Competition is now closed. Congratulations to lucky number 4 - Maddy Mohawak! We've hit 4500 Facebook Fans! Hurrah :D It was a tough nut to crack & much love goes out to my loyal fans & fellow business owners that helped share my page around. To celebrate this milestone, I'm giving away a $30 gift voucher for one lucky fan to use in my Big Cartel web-store . You might be wondering why I'm running a Facebook giveaway on my blog? Well, you see Facebook has a lot of rules about running giveaways so it is easier for everyone if I do it here :) It's super simple to enter. All you need to do is: 1. Visit my Big Cartel , Etsy , Madeit or Hand-Made sites (yes, I have a lot!) and pick out your three favourite products 2. Leave a comment on this blog post telling me your favourite three (no anonymous votes, I need to be able to contact the winner!) The giveaway will run from the time of posting to 7:...
Hello friends! Just a super quick post today to let you all know that I'm having a little sale to help me regain some storage space after the insanity that was Greazefest . I made a lot of stock. Easily 5x what I brought along with me last year. Egads! I had 2 staff, lots of freebies, wow. It was a fun, crazy busy day and so wonderful to meet some of my local customers. You'll send some pictures below but first, here is the link to the sale items:- "On Special" Soaps - discounted, yay! Ivy & anchors, the cuteness! Can you see the new liquid perfumes? Soon to be released, win! Oh my, are they candles? Run out of time making signage? Simply grab a couple of cork boards , some pins and you're golden. DOLL HEADS! See how happy they make me :D How do you like the decorations? PUG SOAPS! My...precious. Totally exclusive to Sailor Mouth Soaps :D Don't forget to check out the s...
I've had a number of wholesale enquiries recently (which is amazingly exciting) and it has prompted me to sit down and actually work out proper pricing structures for my soaps. Let me just say, it was a very eye-opening experience...I had no clue I was undercharging to the point that I wasn't even covering costs most of the time. Having been brought up in a very penny pinching household (and I don't mean that in a bad way Mum, honest) it pains me to part with more cash than I have to so I've found out the hard way, that pricing my soaps based on what I think is a fair price just won't work! I wasn't taking into account the cost of my base materials, the differences in weight and difficulty for different soaps, the number of steps involved, whether I was able to do other things while making certain batches of soap or whether it had to be watched closely, how long it takes to package, what those costs are etc. It had snowballed before I realised there was ev...
Comments
Post a Comment
Leave me ALL the comments :P