Messing about

So, admittedly, web design isn't a strong skill of mine.

Everything I do on the blog or any online store takes a lot of messing about, trial and error and even then, the effect isn't all that amazing.

So instead of worrying about it, I'm going to minimise and streamline my shops and pages online so that I can focus on beating my head against a wall with less pages! Hah!


Big Cartel have a new theme available and it's actually pretty awesome and more useful for me that a lot of pre-made themes that cost double or triple the amount of money Big Cartel want. So I am starting to make there move towards selling there permanently.

Eventually, down the line (waaaay down the line) I'd love to have my own website with a shopping cart and credit card facilities but since Sailor Mouth Soaps is a small little business, that's a long time away. For now, I'll have to make do!


Also worth mentioning, I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Etsy store. They are very expensive to maintain and Etsy have a lot of rules and regulations that make it difficult to sell there. Also, their policy changes are posted to a forum, not notified via email, so the onus is on you, the seller to be aware of new rules and they don't actually tell you or help with any queries or concerns. My only communications with them have been extremely negative (from their end, not mine!) I like shopping on Etsy as a customer but as a seller, jeeeeez. It's not great huh. So we'll see how that goes. I'll keep you posted.

But for now, here is a Sloth. You're welcome.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you checked out Juniper Moon yet?

It's time to celebrate our Facebook Fans!