My favorite skin care receipes

My interest in natural skin care began at an early age. My Mother had a book called "Natural Beauty by Lorna Horrocks" and it became a bible for me. I think I've tried almost every receipe in this book & I wanted to share my favorites with you.



Honey Cleansing Lotion
For any skin type

1 teaspoon of honey
2 tablespoons of warm milk

Blend together to make a thin lotion. Rub over the face & neck with the finger tips. Rinse off.

Olive Oil Cleaner
Good for removing city grime. For any skin type

2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of honey

Apply to the face & neck, rubbing with the finger tips. Wash off with a mild chamomile infusion.

Oatmeal Mask
For any skin type

2 teaspoons of steel-cut oats
150ml of water

Boil oats & water gently for about 5 minutes & strain off the liquid. Apply the liquid to the face & neck - leave on to dry as long as necessary - several hours if you wish. This s a gentle face-lift for sagging face after illness or depression. Rinse off and apply a moisturising lotion.

As  many of these receipes aren't vegan, I wouldn't use them now but it is a lovely trip down memory lane to curl up with a hot cup of tea and read this book.


This is my favorite illustration, it was my dream bathroom for many years!

Popular posts from this blog

Have you checked out Juniper Moon yet?

It's time to celebrate our Facebook Fans!