Best by dates

I was just taking a few moments to review my shipping guidelines and shop policies over in my Etsy Store and I got to thinking about the "freshness" of handmade soap.

My soaps are made in small batches, to order. I don't keep large amounts of stock on hand like a department store because I want you to have the freshest, more fragrant, most foamingly awesome soap money can buy. Each bar is unique and has been treated like my baby from setting to sale.

Some of my customers like the look of my soaps so much that they keep them for many months on display before they are used. While I appreciate the wonderful compliment, its a bit like buying fresh fruit & veg, only to leave it in the fridge for months and wonder why it's not as fresh anymore!

It's like if I decide I want a nice stir-fry for dinner. I'd go out and buy the veggies fresh to use that night, not  use what I had left lying around at the bottom of the crisper. The snow peas would be a bit wilty, the broccoli would be kinda bendy, yuck! They would still give me a nice meal but no where near as good as what fresh produce would provide.

So I guess, in summary, don't leave your soap lying around like a poor sad carrot in the fridge, enjoy it <3

Popular posts from this blog

Have you checked out Juniper Moon yet?

It's time to celebrate our Facebook Fans!