The final chapter

Our trip is almost at an end, it'll be sad to go but we're dying to see our fur-babies again <3

This will be a big update, here we go!

Brad went skiing again on Sunday but my bruises hadn't yet healed from the unforgiving ski boots, so I gave it a miss. Instead, I had breakfast in the park, feed the seagulls and indulged in a customised facial at Body Sanctum to help repair my dry & tortured cold weather skin. I treated myself to a fancy cleanser from La Clinica - it's really nice! Organic with no animal testing, gotta love that.


Brad took a few tumbles while skiing so the next day, we went back to Body Sanctum for a float as they can help with minor injuries *and* an hour float is equal to 4hrs sleep. Have you heard of floatation tanks before? They're AWESOME! I had one years ago and it was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life. I could hear myself blink, I heard my heart beating and the blood pumping in my veins in the pitch black darkness. Creepy cool. It's a bit like floating in space, sort of womb-like too (I imagine). The water was just the right temperature and you float, weightless in the highly salted water. This particular one, wasn't so good. The tanks weren't totally light or sound proof and although the water was meant to be skin temperature, I think it was lower. Either that or the room was too cold, I shivered almost non-stop. When the session was up, before the music and lights came on slowly to ease you out of it, the filter turned on right at my head. I freaked out! It's so loud under the water and I thought my hair was going to get sucked in. That's meant to happen once your out. The hot shower afterwards with beautiful Pure Fiji products made me feel better :)

 I don't want to bitch but I've worked in customer service in one form or another since I was 17 and there's a few things I've learned. Some key points are: remember customers faces, explain the processes, put them at ease, make friendly small talk and direct them to the facilities...that's all I have to say on the matter.

Anyhoo...

The next day, we went on a scenic cruise around Lake Wakatipu on the TSS Earnslaw. It's a vintage steam ship built in 1911. Like I said, I never get sick of this lake!



Mulled wine. Yessssss!



This is the homestead Walter Peak. You can pay extra and get off here for a wander around the farm and play with the animals. Then there's a BBQ lunch or dinner. I couldn't stand  the idea of watching people squeal with excitement to pat & play with the animals and then eat them so we gave this a miss :(*






It's a surprisingly big boat, we found this downstairs. Is that the right term to use? Probably not :P


Port holes!




We had lots of fun <3 The cruise was an hour & a half, pretty good huh.

Yesterday we took a drive out to Wanaka. It's about 50mins by road out of Queenstown. Really windy, mountain roads - absolute hair-pin turns that would see you careening down the hillside if you took it too fast! But check out the view <3


We stopped at Puzzling World - check out the cool attractions. This photo was taken in the Great Maze. It really was a maze! What you have to do is find all of the tower markers in the right order and then find your way out. Finding the way out was the hardest part!


On the drive back into town, we found a place to stop on the mountain road and played in the snow! Honestly, I think this was the best part of the trip.



The snow was super deep in many places and we clearly weren't dressed for it, yet it was the most fun we've ever had!


Up to the knee!


But still loving it <3


Hahahah!




Laaame :P

<3


Oh HAI! I'm going numb but I don't care.


I was lucky enough to finish two books; something I never seem to have a chance to do anymore is read a good novel. I read plenty of non-fiction, in fact, non-fiction exclusively. Thanks to the holiday & a kindle, I was able to grab a few books rather cheap. I read Wolf Hunt by Jeff Strand and Waltz of Shadows by Joe R Lansdale. See a theme? When I do get to read, I like it funny and full of gore. These didn't disappoint. You should read them.

We have to check out of the hotel tomorrow at 10am but our flight isn't until 3:30pm so we're going to have a leisurely buffet breakfast and go to the Kiwi Birdlife Park because birds rock my world. Then, once we're home and I let the puppies mob me for an hour or two, I'll re-open my online stores, YAY!

Buh bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you checked out Juniper Moon yet?

It's time to celebrate our Facebook Fans!